California REHS Continuing Education
NEHA has been designated a continuing education accreditation agency for registered environmental health specialists by the California Department of Public Health.
Information for CA REHS Credential Holders
Contact hours earned through attendance at activities approved through NEHA will count toward completion of the continuing education requirement for REHSs.
Important Update for California REHS
- Beginning January 1, 2019, the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) will no longer provide Certificates of Attendance (COA) for Continuing Education (CE.)
- COAs will be provided for CEs earned through December 31, 2018 using the existing request form.
- CEs earned on or after January 1, 2019 will not require COAs and requests will not be processed. Instead, a Certificate of Completion will fulfill the CA REHS requirement for audit purposes. Please retain all Certificates of Completion for your records.
- Questions for NEHA?
- Credentialing Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org; 303-756-9090 x310
- Credentialing Manager: ENeison@neha.org; 303-802-2146
NEHA E-Learning courses are available to all California REHS credential holders for credit. In order to receive credit for taking most of our e-learning courses, you must be a member of NEHA. To receive credit, you must be sure to be logged into e-learning and complete the evaluation after each course. Please print a copy of your certificate of completion for your own records.
After you have completed the courses for your renewal, submit a Certificate of Attendance Request Form. After your request has been reviewed and verified, you will receive one Certificate of Attendance for submission to the California Department of Public Health. Please note that review of your request may take four to six weeks.
Information for Providers of Continuing Education
NEHA is an accredited agency of the California Department of Public Health. If you wish to have your continuing education program be eligible for California REHS credit, please submit the Registered Provider Application to email@example.com with the $100 application fee.