Last week, NEHA released their 2021 Annual Report that summarizes the achievements of the organization to build, sustain, and empower an effective environmental health workforce. The report demonstrates our continued commitment to being an essential partner and an influential voice in environmental health.
In addition to words from NEHA Executive Director Dr. David Dyjack and NEHA President Roy Kroeger, the report provides a visual picture of our achievements under the following headings:
- We Educated: The events NEHA hosted in 2021 are highlighted—from the 2021 Annual Educational Conference & Exhibition held virtually to more than 40 webinars hosted. Information on courses we created, updated, provided, delivered, developed, expanded, or presented are also included.
- We Informed: The ways in which we informed the profession are spotlighted, including 10 issues of the Journal of Environmental Health published and sharing valuable information and opportunities via a total of 119 emails, 22 E-News issues, and 2,366 social media posts.
- We Supported: Learn how NEHA designed and built a user-friendly application to award $6.3 million in funding for the NEHA-FDA Retail Flexible Funding Model Grant Program, developed more than 60 resources to enhance environmental health capabilities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, credentialed 572 individuals, approved over 41,000 online continuing education submissions, and much more. See the snapshot on the right of actions NEHA took to support environmental health professionals across the country.
- We Elevated: Read about the different policy statement NEHA developed on topics such as body art, vector control, preparedness, and food safety, as well as the work NEHA has done to promote justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion within the organization and the profession.
- We Advocated: Explore the letters, resolutions, and activities NEHA undertook to advocate for the environmental health profession.
- We Connected: Learn about the partnerships, communities of practice, and connections NEHA has established for environmental health professionals.
- We Stewarded: Get a picture of the financial health of NEHA through data on our revenue streams and functional expenses.