Environmental health professionals who work with educational or healthcare setting play a unique and important role in promoting good hand hygiene and clean spaces. Proper hygiene includes practicing good hand washing; cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces correctly; and having a solid hand hygiene and cleaning plan in place.
To help keep facilities healthy and safe, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the CDC Foundation developed Clean Hands and Spaces, an online training for those working in early care and/or education.
The training consists of four modules that focus on:
• How and when to clean hands.
• How to create a hygiene plan for an educational environment.
• How to select, use, and store cleaning products and disinfectants.
• How to team up with adults to build good hygiene habits with children.
After completing the training, participants will be able to help facilities:
- Make a plan to support hand hygiene and clean spaces.
- Select the correct cleaning methods and products to use.
- Understand how to properly use and store hand hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection products.
- Training modules are self-paced and can be taken at any time.
- Completing all modules takes aproximately 2-3 hours.
- Free continuing education credits is available for completing the training.
Register at: https://www.train.org/cdctrain/course/1100489/